THE INQABA BIOTEC™ SANGER SEQUENCING CORE FACILITY BRINGS CAPILLARY-BASED FRAGMENT ANALYSIS FOR COST-EFFECTIVE HIGH-THROUGHPUT MARKER ANALYSIS TO SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA.
Our fragment analysis services include a variety of genotyping solutions, from DNA fingerprinting to indel mutation analysis for the healthcare, agricultural, animal and conservation industries.
In 2010, inqaba biotec™ upgraded the Sanger Sequencing Core Facility with the acquisition of an ABI 3500XL genetic analyser. The acquisition has decreased our turnaround time and improved the quality of our reads. The market response was so overwhelming that we acquired a second ABI 3500XL genetic analyser soon after. At present, we produce more than 10 000 reads per month.
FRAGMENT ANALYSIS SERVICE
inqaba biotec™ offers tailor-made services: form single to multiplex PCR reactions; discovery to validation projects. We offer a wide range of services including simple lane reactions (giving you maximum control) to FA scoring and reporting. We endeavour to keep our service as flexible as possible to accommodate your requirements.
- Primers – minimum 10μl with a concentration of 10μM + 1μl for every reaction required. Fluorescently labelled primers should be submitted protected from light.
- FA PCR products – minimum 15μl
- gDNA – minimum of 20μl with a minimum concentration of 50ng/μl.
Additional core services are also available at Inqaba in order to better provide support for all your service requests:
- Sample collection via courier
- gDNA extraction – plates with bacterial, fungal and yeast cultures are accepted.
- Primer synthesis – please submit primer sequences in 5’ to 3’ orientation.
- PCR amplification from gDNA – please provide samples and primers with the correct concentrations.
STANDARD FRAGMENT ANALYSIS PARAMETERS
ABI 3500XL Genetic Analyzer, DS-33 Matrix Standard (G5 Dye Set), LIZ500 (ThermoScientific), POP7™ (ThermoScientific).
Please note that samples are discarded 2 months after the order has been completed; please make alternative arrangements should you wish to retain the samples/primers.
Want to send us samples, complete our Sanger FA service form.
Require collection of your samples? Click here.